Heart Health Community
Circulation problems
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to general heart health and topics that are heart-health related such as nutrition, diet, and heart-healthy exercises. Please visit our Heart Disease, Heart Rhythm and Heart Cancer communities for discussions relating to all other cardiovascular disease and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Circulation problems

Hi I am a 73 year old that smoked for 45 years, had a triple bypass 20 months after stopping smoking in Feb 2002, and in general terms have not tried real hard to look after my health. Now all of a sudden I am starting to think I might be able to squeeze  a couple more years out of what I have. I have lived 30 years longer than my Father who died of a heart attack in 1953 at 43 years of age. My current most pressing problem is Circulation in my feet. I suffer a range of discomforts from a bruised feeling, to  a num feeling to a burning feeling, which I get every morning when I am getting out of bed. Can anybody else relate to this? and can anybody tell me how they combat it?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You might try Co-Q10 and magnesium; it helps a bit.
Blank
4687721_tn?1358037017
OK, since posting my first comment 2 years ago my problem has deteriorated, but at the same time been established.
I now know that I have Peripheral Neuropathy, which is the cause of my burning stinging feet. Worst at wake up and during the morning.
My doctor has tried 3 different medications, and cream and a sticky tape, all of which had been no benefit to me. The Medications " Lyrica " and "Tegretol " didn't help and caused Enlarged Prostate problems, so I stopped both after about 3 days.
I know Peripheral Neuropathy is not uncommon and believe there must be 1000s of people world wide that also suffer. Surely there must be a solution or pain relief out there that somebody has had some success with.
Please, I will listen to anybody that has a suggestion.
Blank
4687721_tn?1358037017
Thanks Delparc, I have been away but will pass that on to my Doctor and let you know how I go.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
10175413_tn?1427173851
Blank
Ekkiemom commented on flyinlynn's status
Jul 30
Blank
jaysonrl is Comment
Jul 27
Blank
seflor commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Jul 17
Heart Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1371753642