Heart Health Community
How can this happen?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to general heart health and topics that are heart-health related such as nutrition, diet, and heart-healthy exercises. Please visit our Heart Disease, Heart Rhythm and Heart Cancer communities for discussions relating to all other cardiovascular disease and treatments.

How can this happen?

I am 51 year old male. on December 23,2008 I was having chest pain and rushed by ambulance to the hospital where after test I was told that I had experianced 3 heart attacks. I was told that my 3 main arteries was so clogged that stents would not be an option, and that I had to have open heart triple bypass sugery. I had the surgery on December 29,2008. It seemed that everything was going well!  I went to cardiac rehab ( they even did a stress test to see if my heart would be strong enough to endure the rehab. The stress test came out good and I started my rehab.) Even during the rehab everything went very well, I felt great and it seemed as though everything was going excellent. Than on 03/27/09 I had a fouth heart attack! After another angiogram was done they said that ALL THREE OF THE BYPASSES WAS 100% CLOGGED and now I needed several stents put in. I am lost and totally confused. Have you ever heard of ALL THREE OF THE BYPASSES BEING 100% CLOGGED AFTER ONLY 3 MONTHS AFTER THE SURGERY? And also why wouldn't they do the stents on me first before they did the triple bypass?  Please help I need some answers
Tags: cardiac
Sometimes the bypasses do not heal and disappear.  I am wondering if that it what happened to you.  It seems unreal for the bypasses to become 100% blocked in only a few months.  Were you taking Plavix or another blood thinner?  Were you taking a statin for cholesterol?  Ask your doctors if what is plugged is the new bypasses or if the bypasses disappeared because they did not heal in.  If the arteries are 100% blocked there may be more risk involved with the stent placement.  Make sure to ask your doctor what the risk factor is for the stents.  
i was shock to read that you are having 3 heart attacks!
my cardio said that their problem with their patients is that after having a open heart surgery they eats food with lots of fats! like beef. maybe you are eating foods that are not good for you. you should take a blood thinner.