Normal hospital stay after bypass
My 76 year old father had triple bypass surgery on Monday. Tuesday the dr. told him he would go home by Wednesday night. Luckily the fact that dad was so dizzy he could barely walk on Wednesday got him extened until Thursday and then moved to a rehab center.

So what is the norm for hospital stays after bypass for someone in his 70's, with chronic back pain, diabetis, kidney problems and high blood pressure?
I'm a volunteer at a cardiac ICU, and the normal hospital stay is between five and seven days.  I can't recall a patient discharged earlier than four days after a bypass surgery.  I would hope the rehab center your father went to had full cardiac recovery facilities.
Granted I'm considerably younger than tswaters father, which makes the difference, but my bypass was April 21, 2009 and was discharged April 24 and there was talk of letting me go on the 23rd.  It's just a mater of semantics but I figured I'd mention it anyhow that there are those that are release earlier.  However my total stay was seven days which included the angiography
Beautifull collection by Revathi
I was operated on monday morning and went home Friday morning. I was 46 at the time, and they said I recovered very quickly. It still took another year before all discomforts were gone.
I had a CABG X 3 back in 2002 in Perth West Aust at age 62. I stayed in hospital 7 days and still needed a friend to carry my case down to the taxi when I went home. But I suppose there are different ideas in different countries. I am now 11 years down the road from my bypass, and am cruising on my RECODITIONED Engine at 73 years.
I had a triple bypass in 2007 I also had kidney problems, I was in ICU for 4 days and reg hospital for a week . In my mind I should have stayed longer. Also I was 58 when I had my bypass. There were some who were there over 3 weeks I guess it depends on the person