Heart Health Community
aortic valve replacement

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to general heart health and topics that are heart-health related such as nutrition, diet, and heart-healthy exercises. Please visit our Heart Disease, Heart Rhythm and Heart Cancer communities for discussions relating to all other cardiovascular disease and treatments.

aortic valve replacement

Hi I am a 35 year old female who underwent aortic valve replacement 11 weeks ago. I had aortic stenosis and regurgitation since birth. The surgery went extremely well and I was home in 4 days. Is there anyone else out there who has gone through this and has some positive,encouraging words? And also how do you deal with this clicking noise that the mechanical valve is making. Sometimes I don't notice it and other times I just want to scream because I can't get away from it. Also I was pretty sick before surgery with a low EF which improved with surgery but still not in normal range. I"m told with cardiac rehab and excercise my EF could improve. Thank you!!!
The clicking will not be noticeable after 6 months or so. I have a mechanical valve now and don't notice it at all unless I fill my lungs and hold my breath. Sometimes I notice it when i sleep on my left side. The heart is mostly mussel, exercise always helps a mussel gain in strength. I have had 4 open hearts. 3 were valve replacements. stop by my page, jack in Ohio..
Ekkiemom CURED 1 yr 8 months and gra... Comment
Aug 19
Alyjod3 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jul 19
senseanonymous  commented on FDA Debuts New Cigare...
Jul 19