Heart Health Community
pain with heart beat?!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to general heart health and topics that are heart-health related such as nutrition, diet, and heart-healthy exercises. Please visit our Heart Disease, Heart Rhythm and Heart Cancer communities for discussions relating to all other cardiovascular disease and treatments.

pain with heart beat?!

Hello my name is Travis....I have been getting sharp pains in my head for the past 3 months that i am currently trying to find out the cause to. I have noticed being lightheaded and dizzy also. But i also noticed that sometimes when my heart beats a get that sharp pain in my head. It feels like its coming from the back of my head and it doesn't happen all the time. But when it does happen it definitely has a  correspondence with the beat of my heart. As soon as it beats i feel that quick jolt of pain. Does anyone know what this could be. I am going to a cardiologist in 2 days to see what he says. My father had a heart attack at 37 years old and a triple bypass at 40. Heart disease runs heavily on his side of the family. I had my cholesterol checked and it is indeed high. I am 21 and sadly i have been smoking the past 2 years. If anyone can give me a sense of direction it would be greatly appreciated thank you
You need to ask your doctor but it does not sound like it's cardiac related. With your family history it would be wise to stay on top of your risk factors. Manage your cholesterol, weight and BP and don't smoke.

Good luck.

Jon
Avatar n tn
Miracharles commented on Portion Distortion: H...
May 16
LifeArts commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Mar 29
ovregalado joined this community
Welcome them!
Mar 15