pain with heart beat?!
Hello my name is Travis....I have been getting sharp pains in my head for the past 3 months that i am currently trying to find out the cause to. I have noticed being lightheaded and dizzy also. But i also noticed that sometimes when my heart beats a get that sharp pain in my head. It feels like its coming from the back of my head and it doesn't happen all the time. But when it does happen it definitely has a  correspondence with the beat of my heart. As soon as it beats i feel that quick jolt of pain. Does anyone know what this could be. I am going to a cardiologist in 2 days to see what he says. My father had a heart attack at 37 years old and a triple bypass at 40. Heart disease runs heavily on his side of the family. I had my cholesterol checked and it is indeed high. I am 21 and sadly i have been smoking the past 2 years. If anyone can give me a sense of direction it would be greatly appreciated thank you
You need to ask your doctor but it does not sound like it's cardiac related. With your family history it would be wise to stay on top of your risk factors. Manage your cholesterol, weight and BP and don't smoke.

Good luck.

Jon