Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
Anxiety or Heart Problem?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Anxiety or Heart Problem?

I am a 27 year old female who is not overweight with normal BP and Cholesterol levels. This past week I have been having a rapid heartbeat off and on. After less than a minute it goes away but I have to lay down and take deep breaths (that only happened three times). I got my heart checked out by a cardiologist 2 years ago because my primary doctor thought I had inflammation around my heart (she thought this because my CRP level was around 5). I got a full work up done on my heart and they said everything was fine just to watch my diet and exercise. I am in professional school and have major tests tomorrow and Monday but I usually don't get like this. I am a hypochondriac though and ever since I had those rapid heartbeats I can stop thinking about it and I think I'm scarring myself. I try not to think about it but when I do which is all the time I get like this scared feeling in my chest like if I were going to give a speech or something and sometimes I feel it in my head. Could I be making myself do this or do I have a valve or heart problem? I had that full work up done at a heart hospital so is it possible they missed something? Also, could you please explain what the CRP is? I know it's a inflammation/warning marker, but does that mean I have plaque in my arteries? At the heart hospital they gave me some kind of calcium test or something that had to do with my heart and it was normal. My father died of a massive heart attack at 54 so I'm worried about this stuff. Thank you.