Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
NSVT Questions
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
NSVT Questions
Hello Doctor,

thanks in advance for helping out.

I was recently diagnosed with NSVT and after thorough testing, it was labeled benign. I had the following tests: Bloodwork, (Thyroid, Electrolytes, etc.), Chest X-Ray, ECG, Echocardiogram, Stress Test, Cardiac MRI.
Most unfortunately my brain won't allow me to relax again.
I read in a study from "Jacc" http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/content/full/46/7/1295#SEC1
that some harmless-appearing monomorphic VT can turn polymorphic and deadly.

The tests suggested in that study to exclude such risk-factors were signal-averaged electrocardiography and T-wave alterans in addition to image testing.

I assume the MRI takes care of the image testing part but what about the other two mentioned tests? Are they standard tests when evaluating NSVT? And would my Cardiologist/EP have known if those tests had been recommendable in my findings?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is if, based on all my tests, I can safely assume that a bout of NSVT won't turn into some ugly VT or VF.

Thank you for your help.

Karen
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now