Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
NSVT Questions
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NSVT Questions

Hello Doctor,

thanks in advance for helping out.

I was recently diagnosed with NSVT and after thorough testing, it was labeled benign. I had the following tests: Bloodwork, (Thyroid, Electrolytes, etc.), Chest X-Ray, ECG, Echocardiogram, Stress Test, Cardiac MRI.
Most unfortunately my brain won't allow me to relax again.
I read in a study from "Jacc" http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/content/full/46/7/1295#SEC1
that some harmless-appearing monomorphic VT can turn polymorphic and deadly.

The tests suggested in that study to exclude such risk-factors were signal-averaged electrocardiography and T-wave alterans in addition to image testing.

I assume the MRI takes care of the image testing part but what about the other two mentioned tests? Are they standard tests when evaluating NSVT? And would my Cardiologist/EP have known if those tests had been recommendable in my findings?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is if, based on all my tests, I can safely assume that a bout of NSVT won't turn into some ugly VT or VF.

Thank you for your help.

Karen