Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
PVC's
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PVC's

I am new to this forum so I apologize ahead of time if I ramble.  I will try to be succint.  I am a 38 year old female who has  type 1 diabetes and hypothyroid as well as GERD and new onset anxiety.  I have been suffering from palp's ever since i had my son 6years ago, it was attributed to thyroid disease and since had the radio active iodine treatment.  it has grown in frequency this past 12 months.  i have had 2 echo's which revealed trace mitral, tricuspid regurge and an ef of 55-60.  i have had multiple ekg's which have shown early transition, tiny q waves (which i am told is nothing), occasionally a short pr.  i had a stress test in which i lasted 12 minutes and had only about 2 pvc's and it was otherwise unremarkable.  Yet i still feel something is not right.  my heart rate can go anywhere from 45-125 which was captured on a holter (yet during this time i did not have palps).  I notice an increase in palps before my menses and recently started  a small dose of progesterone for 2 wks before menses.  this past week i was having  up 2-4/min more so in am and pm.  i found myself belching quite a bit.  at one point i felt two of those beats in a row.  i peseverate over these palps and wonder what i need to do?  i have become terrified of doing anything in anticipation of them coming back.i try relaxation drink herbal decaf tea, tons of water and supplement with fish oil and mag.  i wonder if anxiety is causing this or i should seek further advise.  these are uncomfortable and make me cough ( i do not get diaphoretic or lightheaded).  what to do?