Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
Painful PVC's, fainting and holter readings
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Painful PVC's, fainting and holter readings

Hi. I'm a 36 old male, normal weight (some fat in the belly), BP 110/70 (some readings of 130/80 and even 140/80 in stressful periods) and chol.levels of 170 (total) and 40 (HDL).
In the last 4 or 5 years I’ve been feeling what I think are PVC's or some kind of extra-systole. This summer I got freightened because I felt the painful kind of extra-systole twice when doing mild effort walking. I performed tests with this results:
- echo: normal except very mild mitral valve insufficiency
- 2 ecg's considered "perfect" by the 2 different docs.
- stress ecg made easily, considered (by another doctor) "perfectly clean", report stating good resistance to effort and no risk of ischemia.
- 24 hour Holter: 10 ectopics (PVC's or PAC's not specified), 1 pair; surprisingly, I felt none! Av. HR 76 bpm, min. 44 at sleep. The report stated "with sinusal rythm and circadian variation of cardiac frequency" (?) Also “ST episodes” for 15 min. on Ch. 2 with N/D max. amplitude of depression and elevation and a CF max. on ST episodes of 102. It’s not clear if the episodes are depressions but, looking at the table that comes with, it seems that there are depressions of 0,9 mm and 1,0 mm.
I recently had two  more scaring episodes. The first one was after a dinner with lots of food and some wine. I went to see tv and 2 hours later, I layed down and fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up walking suddenly and had a very strong tachycardia. I was not drunk and it was 4 hours after dinner. In the bathroom I was very pale, very sick and I fainted. My wife woke me up, I was on the floor. I went to the hospital: ecg, x-rays, bloodwork, BP: everything OK. 2nd was last wednesday: I had the most powerful punch/pain ever. At the end of my work day, very short but painful, going up the chest to the neck and with a strange feeling in the head. Should I be worried? Is this just harmless PVC’s? Does the ST depressions in the Holter plus the fainting mean I am at risk of sudden death?
Jorge