Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
Racing Heart and Alcohol
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Racing Heart and Alcohol

So i've had PVCs and palpitations every once in awhile for about 4 years now, and i've had it checked out, 30 day monitor everything is fine, but i'm 20 years old and a college student, and when i drink my heart rate automatically goes up and stays that way until the next morning, i've gotten used to it but i was wondering if this is damaging my heart, or if it's one of those things that i just have to accept. Since i am in college and we do drink alot, i want to know i'm not putting myself at risk (other than knowing that excessive alcohol drinking is bad for everyone), and is there a connection between having a heart rhythm problem and getting a racing heart rate from alcohol?