Heart Rhythm Archive Expert Forum
Risks after ablation?

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL HEART RHYTHM FORUM: This forum is for questions about Arrhythmias, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Drugs-Medications, Electrophysiology-EPS, Flutter-Fibrillation, Investigational Treatments, Living with Issues, Maze Procedure, Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC), Premature Atrial Contractions (PAC), Prognosis, Research, Tachycardia, Treatment-Therapy.

Risks after ablation?

I am a 39 year old female; I weigh 108 pounds and have normal to slightly low BP. I've had lots of testing (echo, stress echo, cardiac event monitor, etc.) all were negative for heart disease or structural abnormality. I had an ablation 6 months ago for IST and SVT. My electrophysiologist ablated an extra pathway for the SVT and the sinus node for the IST, but said he couldn't do much for the IST because of how close the vagus nerve was. The first few months were difficult with lots of sinus tachycardia, shortness of breath and chest pain, but I'm starting to do much better. Now my heart is slower than it ever has been. Last night it was down to 62 beats a minute. (this is really amazing compared to what it was.) I haven't had any SVT. And my cardiac event monitor a few months ago showed only a few sinus tach events and ectopics. yay! I take pindolol prn for the tachycardia but nothing else. I also  exercise daily, walking and yoga.

My question is, will I continue to experience any changes at this point? It may sound silly, but I worry that my heart rate will become too slow, and I'll need a pacemaker. If this were going to happen, would it have already? And is there a risk of developing Afib or a different type of arrythmia? Basically now that it's been 6 months and none of these things have happened, am I out of the woods?
I'm not trying to be rude, but is anyone going to answer my question?
I wrote this one month ago today and still no anwer. I know that the charge is only $5.00, but if you don't plan to answer, you should at least refund the money. Maybe you shouldn't run this website and charge people if you don't provide any service.