A - FIB
I know this is prolly too much of a broad question  as everyone is different ,but  having been diagnosed  with   a-fib after I had an atttack in March ,no other symptoms  for the rapid  hear rate , put on  toprol xl  25 mg.good for  7 mos . and another issue last week , still no other symptons  but the heart  flutter  and rate  from 50  to   160 ... Put on digoxin and  it seemed to put me in a  normal mode in a few hours .. I would like to know of other' s who  also have this and what they believe  caused  the heart to suddenly go A-Fib?/// i blamed sleeping on left   side ?  told im nut's ..anyway any answer's  would be welcome
Sleeping on your left side is a common trigger for afib but it's not what's caused it.  Generally, you need some undelying problem either with your heart's biochemistry (electrolyte imbalance, binge drinking, flu, thyroid problem, etc.) or you have an enlarged atria (caused by years of high BP or due to a faulty valve).  Also, the afib often needs PACs as trigger so one needs to have frequent PACs.

When you turn on your left side, portions of the heart shift positon and blood pools differently than if you were standing.  This sometimes triggers afib if your were otherewise susceptable.

In my case, I have an enlarged atria and so frequently have episodes even on meds.
  Thanks so much for the input ... having been just diagnosed in march  a-fib  and Meds for  B.P, in feb. ( 140 over 78 ) I was certainly perplexed . Just so glad to know of another A_FIB ally is so comforting ...thanks  again for the time to post an answer , i was on coumadin ,Benezepril ,and  toprol  25 .. NOW   added  Digoxin and upped  the toprol to  50 mg .added  after  the second episode last  week
have a great  day Tony