Heart Rhythm Community
can someone tell me what tachycardia feels like?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

I have PVC's PAC's but sometimes I get this sudden feeling like I can't get a breath.  When it happens, I panick.  About 10 -15  minutes later it will happen again.  It is very unsettling.  The weird feeling feels like it is in my upper stomach area, close to my heart.  I think it is some type of tachycardia or something but am not sure.  It will happen 2, 3 times and go away but until it passes I am in a state of panick.  It sometimes will happen at night a wake me up.  Can someone tell me what tachycardia feel like?  Could this be another type of heart palpatation?
Tachycardia is a very fast heartbeat.  
How long do the "episodes" last?  Have you worn a monitor?  Could it be a string of pvcs?  
Tachycardia is a term for a variety of different conditions that cause the heart to beat more than 100 times per minute. There are several types There are two main types of tachycardias:

Supraventricular tachycardias. supraventricular tachycardias come and go, so they are also known as paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias. If they occur more regularly, they are called sustained paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias.

Ventricular tachycardias.  Ventricular tachycardias tend to accompany coronary artery disease, but they can also be found in other types of cardiac problems (e.g., cardiomyopathy, mitral valve prolapse, long QT syndrome).
Copied from heartcenteronline.com hope this helps,
Donna
Tachycardia is a very fast heartbeat. If you have ever had a palpitation, that's what it feels like except it doesn't end. I have Supraventricular Tachycardia and when i get Tachycardic, i can tell because my heart isn't really beating it's like every beat is strung together. Usually i get to around 230-300 BPM. If you think something is wrong, go to your doctor.
The way I explain the difference is that you have a definite start of a steady very fast rate, then it also has a definte stop like a "Thud", then back to normal (or maybe back to erratic pvc's), but definitely you would know the difference between steady tachycardia and a run of PVC's.  Maybe it's just me, but I hope this helps.  Good luck to you.  

I liked the post from the 65 year old man who has had these stupid things since he was 15 years old....he's still here!!!  

Take care
I acquired this disease in 2008 and it seems that it is going to stick for life.  I experience shortness or shallowness of breathing and sometimes isolated pains in my back or upper and lower arms or both.  It is usually associated with my stomach, right there where the sternum ends.  It causes discomfort and panic in me and when it does not go away shortly, I go to a trip to the ER to get cardioversion.  When it first started, I got confined for eight days at the hospital and frequented the ER once or twice weekly.  Now, it has become infrequent.  It is really a bothersome disease.
tachycardia is a very fast heart rate above 100 bpm, it can be sinus tachycardia or atrial or ventricular tachycardia.

The most dangerous is ventricular tachycardia as this can turn in ventricular fib if you have an abnormal heart or heart disease present.

do you get any other symptoms?

i would really see a doctor with this, it could be a flutter and we all get them time to time, or it could be something that needs treating, it doesnt sound serious because you do not mention dizzizness or feeling of fainting.

have your doctor to do an ecg and echo of the heart to be sure.

good luck
it is a adnormal heart rate of 100 bpm, it feels like ur heart isnt beatin it feels like it is just one long beat and u get sort of breath. are u sure urs isnt panic attacks as it sounds a bit like that.
I have Supraventricular Tachycardia and let me tell you, it is horrible.
I've had this since I was 7 years old, on Christmas day, too.
I'm currently 15 and it did get easier over time but this is what it feels like:
first, your heart will start feeling painful, and it will make it hard to breathe.
then your heart will start having spams, and beat extremely, ridiculously fast.
What I do to stop this is do a hand stand and it will go away right away.
When I get nervous though, sometimes it feels like my heart is going crazy and I'm having an episode, but I just panic and get nervous a lot, which adds to my SVT, which makes it ten times worse! bit I hope you find out what's wrong.