Heart Rhythm Community
2 weeks post ablation and in a-fib

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

2 weeks post ablation and in a-fib

I had cardiac ablation about two weeks ago and was discharged on medications but I am having atrial fibrillation symptoms.  I checked my BPMs with a blood pressure monitor and my beats are 125 per minute.  Is this normal?  I don't know whether or not to call my cardiologist.
Thanks.
I had my a-fib ablation done in January 08. About 2 weeks after my ablation I had 2 episodes of a-fib. I was on a 30 day event monitor after my ablation and the attacks were recorded. My EP told me this was normal. It is now 13 months since the ablation and I have not had any a-fib or flutter. I would call the doctor to let him or her know what is going on. But don't be surprised if they tell you this is normal and part of the healing process.
Thank you for your reply.  I was up late last night with it and am continuing to have it now.  I do have a lab appointment today for my INR and igure I will mention it to nurse and see what happens since the EP is not in the office today.  The EP never told me about possible episodes post-op and that surprises me.