22 year old female with fast resting heart rate
My daughter's trainer has told her she must be cleared by a physician before she can workout at the gym.  She has been working out regularly (3-5 days a week for the past 5 years).  Her resting heart rate is 105.  On a recent stress test her rate reached 205 after only 13 minutes and 40 seconds -- the incline and speed were gradually increased.  Her resting blood pressure was 90 over 60 and was 120 over 70 at the end of the test.  She said her doctor didn't believe her when she first told him how the rate would increase with exercise.  After the stress test he suggested that maybe she has a thyroid problem.  My daughter had to remind him that he had already done blood work and told her there wasn't a thyroid problem.  He dismissed this and told her that he didn't have her chart in his possession at the moment.  Obviously she needs to see another doctor.  Anyone have experience with these symptoms?  Any suggestions?
I actually have a resting hr of 106 and during exercise it hits 190-200. I have also been tested for thyroid issues and heart conditions. I am only 23 and at a reasonable weight of 145 pounds and I am 5'8. I have seen numerous specialists who have done nothing for me, and found no answers. I would be interested to hear what others have to say...
Hey there. I have in pretty similar situation like yours and I need some help too.
Just today I had my treadmill stress test done. I walked for 15 min and in 15 min my HR reached 198 then I got exhausted and stopped but my Hr remained high. Even after 20 min my HR was 110. I always had high heart rate. When i started I had 110. Dr. said I had few extra beats but not concerned but the thing that my heart took a long time to come down got lil of my dr. attention but he said I don't need any medication and asked me to see him after 6 mo. He is a cardiologist.
I am 24, male, 146 lb had all my blood work done.
we can pretty similar case as our heart rate dind't came down for a while. any help please. Is this is normal?
Hi, I have a similar issue to your daughter. I was 17 and had to go to a cardiologist as it was getting really bad with chest pains and hospital visits. I had all testing done and a heart monitor on for 7 days(only lasted 5 due to allergic reaction to tape - allergic to adhesives). I  was told I had inappropriate sinus tachycardia... there was no research on it in 2010 but lately it has been an emerging field. If you Google it you should be able to read about it... But I was told they didn't know anything or it could go but 4 years on my HR is all over the place. I wear a heart monitor watch while exercising and monitor it myself.