Heart Rhythm Community
24 hours ECG reults

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

24 hours ECG reults

Hi!

I'm new here so not too sure how this works. I wonder if anyone could shed some lights on my results and tell me whether you think I should see a Cardiologist.

I'm 22 years old and battled Anorexia from 13-19. I am in recovery now and at a much better weight (BMI 17.9). I also have Endometriosis and recurrent urine infections; along with low ferritin and osteopenia.

I'm on Sertraline 50mg and monthly Zolodex injections; along with medication for my osteopenia and my low ferritin.

My holt monitor results are as follows:

Sinus rhythm/Bradycardia
Unifocal VE's seen in isolation only.
SVE's seen in isolation only.
No direct correlation between patient symptoms of dizziness and ECG recording.

Any input would be brilliant!
Many thanks,
I can't offer much but here's what hits me... the test indicated some Bradcardia, and a "too slow" heart rate can cause dizziness.  You didn't mention dizziness, but assume the comment is because you expressed that concern to your doctor.

You other medical conditions may be the cause of the low HR, maybe one or more of the medications... check the side effects listed for you medications to see if slow HR is one of them. If so, discuss with your doctor, and ask him/her too if you need to be checked by a cardiologist.
I am not a doctor but will give my input based on my own personal experience.  To add to what Jerry has already stated you appear to have a little bit of bradycardia or slow heart rate.  Though they didn't indicate at what time the bradycardia happened it usually happens often when we are sleeping and is not much of a concern to the doctors.  Otherwise you were in normal sinus rhythm.  You also have what is called ectopic beats or extra beats that happen randomly in the heart, pacs or sve's in the atria and pvcs or ve's in the ventricles.  They happened singularly or in isolation and are considered fairly normal.  A lot of people get them and a lot don't even feel them. Most of the time there is no known cause but once they flare up the heart is sensitive to them flaring up from time to time.  But regardless of how common they are when they are in an isolated nature they are not considered a danger to you.  They can be a bit disconcerting to the patient and pvcs can sometimes hurt at least mine do but if your heart is generally healthy doctors pay them little attention.  To lessen the amount you are getting watch your stress and anxiety and pay attention to any stomach issues.  

The conclusion of your results seem to indicate that whatever is going with your heart is not severe enough to be the cause of your dizziness.   This is good but I will add that there are issues with a 24 hour monitor. The main issue with the 24 hour monitor is it only records what happens during a 24 hour period.  If you did not have the major symptoms you went to the doctor for during that 24 hour period then it will still not be diagnosed.  It needs to be captured.  I had svt which is episodes of a very rapid heart rate caused by an extra muscle fiber in my heart.  The first monitor I got was a 24 hour monitor.  I had an episode of the fast heart rate the day before I got the monitor but not the day I had it so I was told I was fine and normal.  It took a 30 day monitor to catch the svt and get it properly diagnosed.  That said, if you main symptom is dizziness and you know you felt all your symptoms during the 24 hours then you can probably feel pretty confident that your dizziness isn't being caused by the heart so you would need to look outside the heart for the cause.  I would ask do you know what your average blood pressure is?  Small women can tend to low bp and a low bp can cause all sorts of light headedness.  If I get up too fast I can feel like I will pass out so keep that in mind and maybe track your bp for a bit to see if that is the cause. Your meds may also be to blame so check for side effects to see if they could be contributing to your dizziness.  Ok, hope that helps and hope you feel better soon.  Best of luck as you regain your health.  
Normal findings essentially.  

The VEs are also called premature ventricular contractions (PVCs),  seen in isolation means they aren't strung together, consecutively, which is good.  Most people have this.  Unifocal means that they are all originating from the same spot in the heart, again, this is best case.  I'm willing to bet they are coming from the right ventricular outflow tract which is where they originate for most people;  

SVEs are supraventricular ectopics a.k.a. premature atrial contractions.  seen in isolation means they aren't strung together, consecutively, which is good.  again, these are very common, mostly everyone gets them.

Sinus rhythm just means your beat originate from the correct focus of the hear.  Bradycardia just means a heart rate below 60 bpm, probably when you were sleeping.  normal.

overall a very unremarkable ECG