2nd Opinion for PACs/PVCs/SVT
I wrote a blog about my 2nd opinion with a cardiologist about my frequent PACs/PVCs/SVT. It is quite long so I will share the link here:

http://heatherrayne.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/answers-a-second-opinion-success/

Dr. raised my dose of beta blocker (metoprolol) to try to make me more comfortable. I was taking 12.5 mg twice per day. Now, I am taking 25 mg twice per day. I started the higher dose yesterday. Wondering how fast I should notice the effects if it will in fact make a difference. I am still feeling them just as frequently and I had thought these meds worked fairly immediately.

One more question and that should be it...aside from structurally...is there really a difference between a PVC and a PAC? I dont feel a difference. Wondering if one is more benign than the other.

Thanks.
For me the pacs feel more like blips and the pvcs feel more like fizzles.  The difference being I don't have much of a pause with the pacs but do with the pvcs them being more noticable when my heart rate is slower.  I do rather surmise, not being a doctor I can't say for sure, but I kind of think pacs/pvcs and svt feed off each other.  One gets the other going and vice versa but I also truely believe that stomach issues, especially acid indigestion plays a fairly big role in the errant beats.  I might try taking some over the counter antacids like tums or other chewables and see if it helps calm the pacs/pvcs down.  It worked for me.  If it does then I might ask your doctor if it was ok for you to keep taking them.  But do a test first to see if it helps considering it seems like the beta blockers aren't helping much.  Though I do think you also have to give the medicince a little time to work.  I have never been on bbs but maybe others who have can give you a time frame of expectation for the medicine to reach full strength.
With my PAC's,there's not much of a pause after.  My PVC's bump harder and pause longer. I still take 100mg. Metoprolol daily, but it does squat for them. I still take it mainly for BP control, and for heart attack survivability, but that latter fact is now in question. I hate to be the prophet of doom, but don't be surprised if the higher dosage is ineffective in quelling them.