56,000 pvcs in a 24 hour window

I have been dealing with high BP and arrhythmia for 2 years now, late forties, overweight non smoker.

Just had a consult with Cardiologist where my 24 hour heart monitor recorded 56,000 PVCs in the 24 hours which is just over 50%

I am experiencing some mild dizziness and chest tightening/ache and although I can feel the missed beats it's not causing me any serious discomfort.

However in the spirit of the cure being worse than the disease the beta blocker (metoprolol tartrate) I am on is knocking me out, super fatigued, walking on a flat surface for any length has my leg muscles feeling like they have lactic acid buildup, super tired and generally feeling like I haven't slept in a week.

Cardiologist is offering ablation treatment but isn't pushing hard as I seem to be functioning reasonably well at the moment. However, I am worried about cardiomyopthia in the longer term.

Should I be concerned about the 56K PVCs? Any solutions to the beta blocker fatigue syndrome? Cardiologist has stated symptoms will ease after 2 or 3 months.

John
that's a tough call.  premature beat activity can come and go and the ablations for them aren't always successful.  I do believe there is a period of adjustment for beta blockers so do try to give it some time or ask for a smaller dose and see if that helps the fatigue.  The only other advice I can offer is to try and avoid some of the known triggers for premature beats.  They may not be what is causing your high load but worth a shot so avoid caffeine, sugars and carbs and anything that may cause you acid reflux.  If you have reflux take antacid to avoid it.  Drink plenty of water and do a proper warm up and cool down when exercising.  Tend to any stress and anxiety in your life.  Like I said, premature beats can come and go with a mind of their own so I would not advise going into an ablation for them without being aware of all the risks.  Your load is high though so I could understand you wanting to try.  I do hope you can get a handle on them with the beta blockers.  

By any chance have you ever noticed a racing beat prior to all of the premature beats showing up?  I had an svt that I thought was just hyperventilation and others have mistaken svt for anxiety attacks because it can be hard to pin down.  I know that my svt became quite active in my 40s where before it was pretty rare and with it becoming active I was having a lot of daily premature beat activity.  I never had it captured but my heart was skipping around a massive amount so if you have ever notice that your heart suddenly beats really fast and then suddenly stops tell the cardiologist.  By clearing up my svt I was able to resolve the high load of premature beats I was having.  Unfortunately it can be hard to say why you have such a high load if they aren't being triggered by irritation from svt episodes.  Everyone's heart has the ability to throw off beats from other areas of the heart.  it is mother nature's safety measure in case the main heart beat generator fails.  but if one has a secondary spot get triggered or the heart gets irritated for some reason it can cause the spot to ignite and once it goes off it is always susceptible to going off.  Well I do hope you can sort it out. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.