75mg dispersible aspirin
I have been taking statin because my cholesterol was raised (5.6) and it current 2.8. I am also taking 75mg dispersible aspirin on the advice of my GP. I have a benign heart arrhythmia. My blood pressure is normal. I do not have any history of heart disease. I am a 60 year old male. There has recently been a report published and backed by the Royal College of General Practitioners, stating that all people currently taking aspirin who have not had heart problems or a stroke should stop taking it, because the possible adverse side effects outweigh the benefits. This advice is contradictory to all advice I have previously read and been given.

Shoud I stop taking aspirin? I have just finished a telephone conversation with my family GP who sounded as confused as I am. Thaks for your comments
I can't recall specifics, but I do recall hearing/reading... something to the same effect.  I take aspirin because I have a need to protect against clots.  If there is not specific need it could be wise to not take.  It may be even the low dose (in the USA usually 85 mg) can cause stomach and bleeding problems in some people.  There may be other bad side effects, but I don't know them.

Your cholesterol numbers must be on a different scale than what we use in the USA.  We talk about a total number less than 200 as a good objective.  That includes HDL, LDL and 1/5th the triglycerides.  I have no understanding of you 5.6 and 2.8 numbers, but I also have no notion that there is any interaction with aspirin or not.
Cheers Jerry, in the UK the docs like your cholesterol to below 5, so mine wasn't that high to start with. I was also taking bisoprolol for my arrhythmia, but it started to make me wheezy, and I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but I was picking up upper respiratory viruses ever couple of months and taking about 6 weeks to shake them off. Since I have stopped the beta blocker I haven't had one, and I feel really fit. The palpatations I can live with, and I take regular strenuous exercise, so after dumping my betas and aspirin I'm going to be looking positive just being on the statins.