A fib Causes
I have a fib and considered obese. Can obesity cause a fib? Can losing the weight cure a fib? Has anyone had gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery that has a fib?
   Please let me offer an uneducated guess regarding the causes of a fib.  What causes the heart's electrical system to misfire is a good question, but too often is without answers.  There may be underlying causes, but in my own particular case, none was found.   Because it is misfiring, it is likely to continue without medical intervention.
   Obesity certainly carries its own set of health risks, and as you are likely aware, heart disease is high on the list.  Could it cause a fib?  You are not likely to get a definitive answer.  The important thing is that you have a fib, and there are a number of treatment options.   There are also a number of options for obesity that you mentioned.  A fib is the easy one to fix.  The other takes extraordinary effort,  commitment, and lifestyle change to be successful.  
   Your asking that question suggests you are preparing yourself for that commitment to get healthy.  I wish you all the best for the challenges ahead.