A flutter in my chest
im an 18yr old female with a fluttering sensation in my chest on the left side close to the center of my chest.
Im very sure its my heart.
i was born with a heart murmur it was taken care of, and at my last visit to the doctor it was said that i had one. this last visit was the first time a heart murmur had been mentioned sence my youth. the doctor called it benign.
this was back in july.
I have had flutters a good part of my life. but only when i was under high stress or when i was having a panic attack. these flutters only happend once and for only a secound. they never occured more than once or twice in a day.
today however the flutter has occured periodicly all day long.
im worried. is this serious? and does it have anything to do with my heart murmur?
You are probably having PVCs, which most people have every day but don't feel. . People who can feel them usually describe them as a skipping sensation or a fluttering in the chest or throat. I  used to have that horrible flutter more than once a minute every minute, every day. A 24 hour holter monitor showed they were  PVCs. You could ask your doctor for a holte monitor to confirm what's causing the fluttering.  Your doctor can decide whether you need an ultrasound to have a look at your heart (echocardiogram). These tests almost always come back normal though.