Heart Rhythm Community
AVNRT after the birth of my daughter

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

AVNRT after the birth of my daughter

Some hours after my last birth i got heartbeat more than 200 and bloodpressure was 80/40. It lasted for more than 2,5 hours and was kind of scary...I got adenosine i.v and after a short time i was totally fine again. The diagnose was AVNRT and the doctors said it was because of the stress connected to birth (i had a easy and short birth).
After this i felt it in between like 2-3 times a month but it's gone after 10-15 sec. I've not been checked by any doctor cause of this after the hospital...
Now i'm pregnant with my second child and i'm kind of scared this will happen again... I'm wondering if it can happen during birth this time or if it can cause any danger to me (like arrest or so). Should i go for a normal birth again or is it rather recommanded with caesarien operation...?
Thanks for your help!
Sorry you haven't gotten any helpful input, and sorry too I don't have any beyond the hope that you have, or will, discuss with your doctor, perhaps it would even be a good idea to consult a cardiologist.