AVT
I received a phone call today informing me that my mother has been diagnosed with AVT. I've tried doing some research and have been unsuccessful in finding out what it exactly is. My mother believes that it stands for Acute Transvascular Tachycardia. I tried to speak with a medical professional to find out the exact diagnosis but they claim that they are not able to give me any information so I'm stuck. If someone could please help me figure out what is going on.
I can't find anything on Acute Transvascular Tachycardia either.  But I do know tachycardia is characterized by a high heart rate, and is a heart electrical timing or signaling problem.

It is normally treated with a beta blocker, in my knowledge, to slow the HR down.  Has the doctor prescribed any medication(s)?
My son and I were recently diagnosed with AVT. Your heart has 4 chambers.  It pumps blood down to the lower part of the heart and then the blood is supposed to pump downward thru your veins carring the blood thru your body. With AVT, we have an extra electrical component that instead of pumping the blood downward to the veins, it pumps blood to the lower part of the heart and then back up around  to the upper part of the heart.  Thus causing the heart to beat faster trying to get the blood where it needs to be.  It is fixed by a surgery called Ablation.  They go into a vein in the groin area and up to the heart.  They heat up the extra electrical component for about 2 minutes and this most times will cure it forever.  Some people in some cases might need a pace maker.  It is very important to get it fixed, cuz all that stress on the heart can  kill.
Are you sure this isn't medical-speak for AVRT or AVNRT, two forms of SVT? This term is unknown at least to me.
By the way, if it is AVRT or AVNRT, both are very treatable with medication or curable with Cardiac Catheter Ablation. A bunch of us here have had it done.
I am wondering if there is a bit of confusion between condition and treatment.  Transvascular is a way to treat tachycardia.  The ablation cathers are inserted transvascular to reach the part of the heart to ablate.  Also, to be clear, Supraventricular Tachycardias are rarely fatal in an otherwise healthy heart.  Ventricular tachycardias that are sustained can pose a life threat but in general unchecked/nontreated SVTs will more often lead to heart failure but not sudden death.  Just so we are not needless frightening anyone here.