Ablation For Extra Beats?
i was on a holter monitor and dr found several extra beats i have had my blood checked for everything,ive had echocardio,stress test nothing shows from that to be causing it he started me off with toprol xl 50mg barely helped then went to atenolol 50 mg in the morning 50 at night for a total of 100mg a day didnt do much now on 50mg in the morning of atenolol and 100 at night since night is worse still not doing much he mentioned ablation if medicine doesnt work plus he doesnt want me to be on meds the rest of my life since im only 21 years old..my question is the research ive done on ablation seems to be more for heart rates that are to fast will it help with my extra beats and what exactly are the risks
Several extra beats?  How many, more or less, do you mean?  I mean there are a lot of us on the site that get hundreds or thousands of PVCs  in a day and ablation is not usually discussed as a first line treatment so I'm a little4 confused.

How many do you think your getting?

I read your previous posts, but I am still not sure about the number of extra beats that you are speaking about. Last night, I began into Trigreminy at about 6:30 PM and continued well past 9:00 PM before they stopped. Figure 1 PVC for every 3 beats, Heart Rate of 68 (I measured it) and 2 1/2 Hours in duration. 68 (heart rate per minute) X 60 = Heart Rate per Hour (4080)

If one third of them were PVCs due to Trigeminy, I had 1360 PVCs in 1 1/2 Hours. In Truth, I wasn't totally in Trigeminy for the complete 1 1/2 Hours, there were short periods of remission, so one can easily imagine that I had over 700 PVCs in that time.

My Doctor doesn't see anything to be concerned about, based on his knowledge of the structure of my heart (Cardiolite Stress Test and Echocardiagram) and his awareness that I have had an  arrhythmia since I was 15 years old, with the symptoms coming and going over time.

How many Extra Beats are you talking about? Ablation has risks associated with it. Even though many people may feel motivated due to fear about their arrhythmia to risk having an ablation, I would imagine that most Doctors would not accept patients for Ablation unless their arrhythmia posed a significant possibility of causing more problems for the patient than the Ablation process would.

Extra Beats are basically a normal part of the operation of the Human Heart, perhaps not ideally, but in practice they are so common and many people are not aware of their extra beats. If an individual was not aware of his/her extra beats, and they weren't dangerous, and not causing symptoms, such as fainting, should every patient with them be sent for Ablation? After the Ablation process is done, there is no guarantee that the arrhythmia won't return, or perhaps reappear as being generated from yet another place on the heart.

How many Extra Beats are you talking about showing up on the test?

As to the Beta Blockers, I have read that they will not necessarily be successful at eliminating PVCs, but Beta Blockers reduce the force that the heart contracts with, so that the patient's perception of the Extra Beats is less.

Regards.
well thats the weird part when i first went to the cardiologist i went cause what i felt was my heart pounding all day and night..i never felt extra or skipped beats so he put a holter monitor on me and found them i dont have any other details about what he found really cause i dont understand it that much what he told me was several extra beats..so  with both of the meds ive tried at all dosages i still feel my heart pounding thats the sensation i feel all the time and if i put my hand to my chest i feel it beating hard..what other treatments would there be when beta blockers arent working..before any type of of procedure or invasive test im getting a 2nd opinion
i honestly dont know how many cause all i feel is my heart pounding constantly..my heart rate is in normal range