Heart Rhythm Community
Ablation Statistics

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Ablation Statistics

Can anybody post a link to some ablation statistics?  How many people have it done?  What is the success rate?  Where are some centers that do this on the west coast?  Who is the leader in the field?  

Thanks in advance.
What type of ablation are your considering?  You can probably find statistics that will support just about anything.  What's important is to discuss your individual situation with your doctor, get a 2nd opinion if you are uncertain, and go to a facility that does the procedure often.  Check out the large medical centers, hospital of excellence and conduct some research on the hospital and the EP's credentials.  

I've had two ablations for PVCs (RVOT and LVOT) and both were considered successful.  I no longer require beta blockers and/or anti-arrythmics.  My ablations were done in Cleveland, but I know that there are excellent hospitals on the West Coast.

Ablation statistics by Tel-Aviv Medical Ceneter(well known specialists): 14 years and more experience of ablation:

http://www.ima.org.il/imaj/ar07apr-11.pdf
Momto3 - I'm considering a radiofrequency ablation for SVT with atrial flutter.  I'm in contact with the group at UC San Francisco, which seems like they do a large number each year - giving me more confidence in the procedure.  The opinion I had of the first EP was to stick to beta blockers, which I'm not thrilled about right now.  Thanks for the help.

axcelenator - Thanks for the paper.  Getting more info makes me feel more confident in the situation.

Regards everybody.