Ablation on July 14th and I OK to go out and party on July 4th?
I am having an abaltion due to SVT on July 14th and we are supposed to go out to a fancer dinner and have drinks at a swanky hotel roof top loung on July 4th to watch the fireworks downtown.
Am I OK to have a couple drinks as long as my SVT does not start up, sometime my heart feels weird when I drink but not all the time. Main thing is how long before the procedure should I avoid alochol. Believe I do nt drink alot only on special occasions or a glass of wine with Saturday night dinner. I obviously will not drink the weekend before the procedure but is 2 weeks prior OK?
I've had two ablations and other than stopping medications, I don't remember having any restrictions. I am not a doctor, but that seems like plenty of time between the night out and the procedure. I think if you take it easy, you should be fine.  It's not worth an episode of SVT...ugh!

Enjoy the evening out.
connie