Heart Rhythm Community
Ablation or mini-maze?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Ablation or mini-maze?

My husband was diagnosed w/ congestive heart failure in Aug 2005. Since then he has developed symptomatic, intermittent atrial fibrillation. He has undergone 3 catheter ablations, none of which have been successful.
Recently, he also developed atrial tachycardia. Now the cardiologist that did the ablations for him wants to do another ablation.
We saw another surgeon, and he feels the mini-maze would be the best option.
Any thoughts on which direction to take?

Google, as follows, without the brackets but with the quotes.
[ "the doctors channel" mini maze ]

This describes the Mini Maze Procedure and has a video. I am not familiar with it, but was aware of the MAZE procedure. I intend to do reading on the Mini MAZE Procedure, as it appears to be done without opening the chest or stopping the heart.

You may consider asking the Surgeon to consult with the Cardiologist (EP?) to determine the best course of treatment for your husband.

It never ceases to amaze me the progress that has been made in Medical Science.

I wish you and your Husband the best.
Did you get any answers?  I have had 3 ablations and all is not well as yet and I have to take a ton of medicines to control my rhythms.  Was the maze a success or end up being recommended?
I would travel to have this mini maze because it looks great and the results are excellent for cure rates.  The problem is that most doctor's haven't been trained in it and just want to keep on doing what they know even though it really doesn't work very well.  I suggest people should travel to go to a doctor who has been trained in it as it seems like the best answer so far and maybe ever.  Tjoyce.....my husband is hoping to have mini maze