Ablation
Hi I had an ablation about a year and a half ago for having a tachycardia. Ever since having tachycardia i am deathly afraid to drink any alcohol, I am afraid that the tachycardia will come back. I am going out with some friends and would like to have some drinks. I had an ablation and the doctor said that it could not come back. has anyone ever had any problems with alcohol after an ablation.
i dont think drinking alcohol will affect things.i had my ablation done 15 days ago and ive had the odd glass of wine or beer since.i was told the procedure was a success so i am just going with that.
I would think it should be Ok if you are cured. Did you have SVT and did your episodes mainly come on with alcohol? I have SVT about once a month and about half the time they came on after a couple glasses of wine. It seems to be getting worse though after one glass my heart feels weird.
I am having an ablation Monday and I am looking forward to having wine without worry. I would say go and have fun have a couple drinks, if you have an episode the ablation obviously did not work and you need to contact your doc. Have fun and have a drink for me...LOL
   I have shared those same feelings since my ablation, only with caffeine, not alcohol.  I have loosened a little and do drink tea, diet sodas, and defaf coffee.  I avoid regular coffee by choice.  I have had no medical advice to suggest that I can't.  But for quite a while it did make me a little nervous.
   Now with alcohol, that is a slightly separate issue.  Alcohol carries with it its own set of health risks, one of them is the potential for heart arrhythmias.  I would think if you stay within the heart healthy  guidelines of not more than one drink per day for a female or two for a male, you will not have problems.  More than that comes the potential to trigger any of the other alcohol related health issues.  
I think that having had an ablation, the fear of the return of the condition is the worst problem.  I have always had a daily glass of wine, but am now reconsidering.  See my other post, I took an antihistamine and had three hours AFib - very disappointing, but then triggers for some are not the same as for others.  Basically, if you are cured by ablation, then none of these things should make a difference - but the fear of reoccurence hangs over you constantly and it is hard to shake it off.

I
Hello I had an ablation three weeks ago for AVNRT in New york. I am currently feeling really bad with bad palpitations for two days. Please advise to me what I should do?
The first thing you should be is contact your electrophysiologist and tell him what's going on.  The next thing is you should realize that you're going to experience a lot of jumpiness in the coming months as your heart builds up a scar tissue barrier across the conductive path.  Let your cardiologist or elctrophysiologist make the call on what you should do next.