Abnormal heart beat associated with possible heart disease
My boyfriend is 30 yrs old and has just informed me that heart disease runs in his family, this came up after he fell asleep & I laid on his chest listening to his heart beat. It was erratic, very strong and fast even in his sleep, then all the sudden his heart just stopped. About 4 seconds passed and his body jolted and his heart beat started up again.The jolt woke him up and scared me. He passed it off with a sappy line saying not to worry that I make his heart skip a beat. I am worried about him, should I have cause to worry? How can I broach the subject to have him see another doctor, one who specializes in the heart?
The sensation of skipping a beat is not necessarily indicative of anything serious. Many people have extra beats (it feels like your heart is skipping beats, but it's really throwing extras and getting out of sync).  In someone with a structurally normal heart, they are considered benign.

Because heart disease runs in your b/f's family, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a physical, including an EKG.  Chances are that everything is fine, but your b/f should mention it to his doctor at his next appointment.