Heart Rhythm Community
Afib or PVCs - how to tell?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Afib or PVCs - how to tell?

Lone A/fib diagnosed. PVCs? not sure. I was diagnosed in 2000 with lone afib. Episodes are more frequent the past couple of years, I understand that happens. What is confusing me is days when I don't seem to have afib, but have what seem to be PVCs (am hoping to get in to see cardiologist, but am waiting to hear). What I'm wondering is if afib can feel like PVCs and I'm actually in afib and don't know it. Pulse rate in 60s.

This discussion is related to PVC's.
Hello there-

The way to tell the difference is by feeling your pulse.  It will be very irregular.  Not like a PVC where you can feel the obvious miss.  AF just feels "regularly irregular."
Carey, yes thanks I can tell the difference between the two. The question I have is since this didn't feel at all like my usual afib, was it PVCs.I meditated for 30 minutes and all went away. Then walked to my room and bam, am now in full afib. Go figure.
It could be .. and my EP says that a run of PAC's can lead to A Fib.  HE says they go together like ice cream and chocolate syrup.  I guess thats supposed to make the sound friendly.  I HATE them both!