After atrial fibrillation starts, does it get worse?
Not confirmed but last night my irregullar pulse ws so bad i couldn't catch my breath.
Its so frightening, ive suffered debilitating depression and fearful anxiety attacks as long as i remember and as soon as i seem to get that under control this strikes.
I can't cope with much more.
Waiting on 48hr tape and cardio app but awful now and don't want go a and e as been with anxiety attacks before and i feel i get treated like a hypochondriac.
This def isn't anxiety related, ive had anxiety my whole life and never had this.
It can be slowish with fast beats in between, very pronounced, can be v slow and weak, and when its coming out of the irregular stage it races with slight irregularities before it returns to normal.
Though my new antid's might have caused it but been off them ten days now after weaning and its getting worse instead of better.
On low dose bisoprolol as pulse gets low 48 and 15mg diazepam.

Please advise or help,

Thanks yvonne x
I have had runs of PACs and PVCs that feel as you described.  I have also had Afib and quite honestly I could not tell the difference between the runs of PACs and Afib.  The only way you will know if it's afib is to go to the ER when it's happening or have your doctor catch it on a holter monitor.  And most of the problems I have are anxiety related.  I could not believe that anxiety was doing all those things to my heart but it was.  
Thanks x