Alcohol and Heart Racing
So i have PVCs and palpitations every once in awhile, and i've had it checked out, 30 day monitor everything is fine, but i'm 20 years old and a college student, and when i drink my heart rate automatically goes up and stays that way until the next morning, i've gotten used to it but i was wondering if this is damaging my heart, or if it's one of those things that i just have to accept. Since i am in college and we do drink alot, i want to know i'm not putting myself at risk, and is there a connection between having a heart rhythm problem and getting a racing heart rate from alcohol?
You didn't mention how much you drink, but if enough to be drunk, then there are a lot of things to be concerned about beside your HR.  

It would also be helpful to know what you mean by "goes up".  What is your HR when drinking?  If it is under 130 at rest, I'd be more concerned about the other risks of drinking than for the heart.
Without significant testing, assume that you ARE outting yourself at risk.  Yes, there is a definite connection between alcohol and elevated heart rates, along with various arrhythmias.  You could pass out from excessive alcohol consumption, experience V-tach and die, and your buddies would just think you're sleeping off a good bender.
I have had testing, echo, ekg and the 30 day monitor and everything came back normal, i don't have v-tach and never experienced it, im 20 years old, i'm a healthy kid, i just get pre ventrical contractions, all benign, so the sudden death thing is ruled out since i play sports and that raises your heart rate just as much as drinking would. i was just wondering what caused the raise in heart rate, and if it was normal/connected to my pvcs.
Usually a typical night of drinking is definitely enough to get drunk, and yes i would say my heart rate is between 120-130 at rest when i drink, i do have a regular resting heart rate of about 80 though on a normal day. I do know the risks of drinking, and i don't over drink, i was just curious about the effects on the heart currently, because i don't plan to drink like i do as a junior in college for the rest of my life