Amioderone - discontinue
After 30 years on quinidine sulfate for arrythmia, I past out 3 times within one hour about 5 months ago and was told I had atrial fibrillation.  The Dr. changed me to Amioderone.  I felt good for about 6 to 8 weeks and then after working outside for about 4 hours passed out again.  When this happens, I do not feel a racing heart nor do I feel any chest pain.  Since this last time I passed out, I have been dizzy, my thyroid is underactive, (now on thyroid medicine), and my heart rate is low in the 40 to 50 range.   I can also feel skipped heart beats etc.  I got a second opinion and that recommendation was to discontinue the amioderone.  Has anyone discontinued amioderone, and what was the consequences of that.  I expect to start on a drug that is not as agressive as amioderone in about 3 weeks.  In addition a pacemaker will probably be installed.    
I was on Amiodarone after having a-fib.  I was on it for 2 months.  My cardiologist indicated that when you discontinue the medication, it can be done all at once.  I recall that my palpatations increased sometime after discontinuing use.  However, my cardiologist blamed this on high bp.  I then started Diovan to reduce bp which in turn reduced the palpatations.  

Becasue of the mechanism of action of this mediciation, it will stay in your system for many weeks (4 to 8 weeks).  It is important to consider this when starting a new medication.  Definitely raise this issue with your cardiologist.