Heart Rhythm Community
Any natural remedies for PVC?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Any natural remedies for PVC?

I can remeber back in maybe middle school or high school i noticed a skipped heart beat that would occur once every blue moon. so rare that i never thought anything of it because it was a very long time before i ever noticed it again. now that i am older they came back and were more frequent. i didnt know what it was then an finally went to the doctor because the beats would not only skip but i would be like hard fluttering. got very scared because i any issues with my heart is scary.the doctor told me i had PVC. granted the bulk of the cause was that i was not getting enough sleep, eating right and work stress. after i changed my lifestyle they minumized to the point they went away all together i was over i yr or so before i noticed them again but this time more sutble but could still feel them but not like before. im 31 and the new thing is that when i notice my PVC more now is when my acid reflux acts up, or things i eat or anxiety but mainly acid reflux. i feel it more when i am sitting or laying back. i get relief when i stand up but as soon as i sit they start back up. The doctors dont seem to know what im talking about but i have seen a lot of blogs about this online so im not alone in this problem. i started having episodes 6-22-10 and they got worse today 6-23-10. i had so much acid this morning(yet i had not eaten yet) that my PVS were full force. i had to leave work. i havent had a problem with them in a while but they came back. i called the doctor because #1 i want to rule out heart disease. if i rule that out i will feel a lot better an can better deal with PVC's. i dont wanna start taking pills and living on pills for every little thing if its not necessary. any solutions to relieve me of my PVC's naturally?
Tags: PVC
I am glad that you have called a doctor to rule out heart disease, this is always the first step I recommend to anyone who is going through the troubles that you are.

As far as "natural" yes, there are herbs that help, one is called "Hawthorne Berry" it is great for stopping the irregular beats. If all goes well at the doc and you might want to try it. I take it in liquid form and so far, it has been great.

If the "flutters" are due to a problem such as acid reflux or a hiatal hernia, nothing will help except taking measures to help the digestion problem. I have one, and when I sit,lie down, or bend over after a big meal or a lot of water, I get those awful feelings. Eat smaller meals, take a good digestive enzyme, and don't sit or lie down one half hour after a meal or water.

Good luck.
thank you for your comment. I noticed mine gets worse when im sitting and only get relief when i stand. my mom has a hiatal hernia. i will have to look that up and see what that is exactly. i have been doing good with my flutters until 2 days ago i ate a hamburger with pepper jack cheese, pickled squash and onions and i drank it down with one of the Bolthouse Farms heath drinks(lol!) which was thick and green(13servings of fruits and veggies). i have been having issues every since then. i have been taking tums which help a little but not for long.my heart beats and its like a tripped feeling like it beats, trips and keeps up. kinda like walking and you trip and get your balance back. ruling out heart disease is my main concern.
cut out all onions, pickles, peppers, cheese and fruit or vegetable juice and fresh fruit for a couple of days and see what happens. I can't eat any of those things without having endless problems with PVC's and reflux etc.and I have a hiatus hernia. Just try eating potatoes, bread and meat or fish. Forget the 'healthy' fresh stuff - some of us just can't tolerate a lot of it. Great for me because I live in an orange and grape growing area! One orange of a couple of grapes and I'm up for the night with the bloody 'thumping' and choking.
all i need to read were the first few words of your comment and that stopped me dead in my tracks. mine began when i ate a hambuger with pickled onions and squash(sweet pickled) with pepper jack cheese and i drank it down with a fruit and veggie drink. Man! you hit it dead on the head! ALOT BETTER today than 2 days ago. for 2 days i had anxiety, pvc and acid reflux. Thanks so much. I know i have to watch what i eat but its hard sometimes.