Any tips to help
Hi there,  I am new to the forrum but have read some of the posts and found it very helpful and reassuring that there are other people in my situation.  I have not had a formal diagnosis yet but was taken to A&E with a regular heartrate of over 200bpm.  It as usual stopped all of a sudden on it's own and the doctor said it was PSVT.  I have had the ECG, Echo and chest Xray and all have come back clear.  I usually find I have them more when I'm tired or if I've had some alcohol.  Has anyone got any helpful tips or natural remedies that will help decrease the frequency of these attacks.  Any feed back will be welcomed.

Many Thanks

The best thing I've found was to monitor your attacks and identify the triggers. For me it's stress, fatigue, alcohol, too much chocolate, exertion (I've never been able to run for example) and getting too warm. There are still times when it just happens for no reason but I can head off most of them by avoiding the triggers.

Do you know the various vagal maneuvers? If used at the very beginning of the tachy time you can often stop it rather than waiting for it to stop on its own.

(BTW I've had 3 ablations so my tachy times are very brief now and I don't need the vagal maneuvers any more. I know my heart will kick back to normal in less than a minute)
Hi thanks ireneo, I think I'm getting ideas of what sets mine off.  As for the ablations when did they first offer it to you or did you have to ask?  I really don't want to go on medication if they get any worse as I've heard a lot about side effects.  
I saw your other post but since it's the same as this one, I'll stick with this instead of bouncing back and forth.

I've had arrhythmias all my life and it wasn't until around 2000 that a new doctor told me it could be fixed by an ablation. On the one hand he told my my PSVT wouldn't kill me but then said he could go poking around in my heart to fix it. I essentially told him I thought he was nuts. He wasn't happy with me :-)  He said, "Well, I wouldn't live like that!" and stomped out of the room. I thought about it, finally had it done. It came back, had a second ablation which didn't work (they knew while they were in there) and eventually had the 3rd. Now I'm doing just fine. My arrhythmias are very mild and easy to live with.

I did try meds before the first time in but had some nasty side effects, ended up in ER for a few hours. That's when I decided to let them go in. Recently had some abdominal surgery and had to go on a different med before the surgery to keep my heart even more controlled. No problems with that one but I'm not taking it now.

There are some good arrhythmia meds out there but you have to do trial and error to see which works best for you if you decide to go that route.

It sounds like the decision is up to you. It all depends on how much the PSVT controls your life.