Anyone else have problems getting life insurance?
I'm sick and tired of feeling like crap and never seeming to really enjoy life because I'm too worried about why my heart is so irratic.  I've done the cardiologist thing a couple of times and they tell me...don't worry.  Why shouldn't I???  I recently applied for life insurance and was turned down.  Apparently they didn't like something in my medical records either from my medical doctor or cardiologist reports.  If I'm not suppose to worry and it is no big deal then why don't they want to insure me!
You should request an MIB report.  This should be free since you were turned down for insurance.  The insurance company should have told you this, together with how to get the report.  This might be free once a year as well.  The report should tell you what was reported and like a credit report you can have incorrect information changed or at least add a comment/explanation.

The MIB is very brief and as a result can be misleading.  In my case, I have Apical Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, which is a rare, but benign, condition.  My MIB said that I have Cardiomyopathy (heart disease), which is technically correct, but obviously not the complete story.  As a result my life insurance is very expensive.  I am currently working to get this fixed.
About 15 years ago asked my primary care doctor what is my exercise heart rate limit, I was a runner and in my early 50s, running at a HR in the 150 bpm range. He said: "I'll order a stress test"... I failed the stress test and that resulted in a nuclear stress test, which I also failed.  The next step was a catheter hear exam (angiogram) which I declined based on the recommendation of the attending cardiologist... the radiation specialist was the one who felt my nuclear stress test was not clean enough.

I was also getting ready to retire form my 35 year career and start another and decided I'd get a large life insurance policy with my wife as beneficiary.  I planned on a whole live and a term life combination.  Well, when the insurance companies saw my stress test reports I ended up buying just the whole life policy at about a 15% increase in cost (best I can remember) and I didn't take out the term policy.

I have subsequently had a catheter exam and it gave me a clean bill of health.  I have not appealed to the life insurance company as a number of other health concern have arisen.. well I am getting old, luck me :)
I got term life insurance at normal rates after a benign PAC/PVC diagnosis.  I was about 43 at the time and in otherwise normal health.
Somewhat related, when I got term life back when I was 39 they found a diagnosis of asthma on my PCP file.  This was news to me!  It drove up my rate a lot, I forget how much, but it was enough for me to fight.

This was before my severe PVC issues I had back in 2009.

I fought it and won.

My partents always told me to get a portable life insurance plan while I was young.  I always had it through work and just let it go.  Then I lost my job back on 2007.  Driving home from me getting canned I thought damn, I'm uninsured with a family.  It was scary.  Then it took me 2 months to get it on my own.  Lessons learned....

My adivcse to
im having problems getting life incurance after beeing told i have qt syndrome, any tips tha might help