Anyone please help: medications to lower heart rate?
I appreciate any and all who can help me.  Currently taking calcium channel blocker-diltiazem for tachycardia and high blood pressure, HBP not too high, but heart rate is.  
Does anyone know anything about carvedilol?  How safe is it, what are the side effects?  Has anyone heard of it being prescribed for tachycardia?  HIgh blood pressure?
I am sick of taking/switching medications, most of all I am sick of having tachycardia and believe my heart rate is just naturally higher than others' heart rates.  
They told me to stop the calcium channel blocker cold turkey and start the new medication, I thought I was suppossed to wean off of my current medication. What's going to happen if I don't wean off of it?  This is driving me crazy!!!!!!!  
This drug is also known under the brand name of Coreg...it is a beta blocker used to treat hypertension among other things. How high is your heart rate?
It is 128 sometimes as high as 130-150 but can be 100 at times as well.  It will go down under 100 too if I am lying down for a long long time. I have had it for a long time and don't know if it has in fact gone beyond 150. I was just diagnosed with high blood pressure at a reading of only 130/90 and that is when he said my heart rate can't take being that high over the long haul.  I think my anxiety is a big factor too.
I used to have fast heart rate. I quit drinking alcohol and it came down to normal. I don't know if something in your diet could be contributing, but?
I was switched from Atenolol to Coreg in the hopes that it would help with triglycerides, insulin issues and some fatigue.  The tachycardia got WORSE!   Coreg is a beta blocker but with alpha blocking activity. It's a non-selective a/b blocker which is known to have the side effect of tachycardia.  I am going back to my doctor today to ask to get off of this stuff!!