Are fast heart rate and troponin related?
A few weeks ago I went to the dr. for a "pounding heart" sensation and shortness of breath.  After finding Troponin in my blood, he admitted me to the hospital.  I had an angiogram and ultrasound of the heart, no damage was found- other than Anemia, nothing else was diagnosed.  Still not sure why Troponin showed up in my blood, had done a marathon 6 weeks before, but had been running only lightly since then.  I have always been physically active and am a 30 year old female and am otherwise healthy.  Since this has happened, I have started on iron supplements and I have paid more attention to my heart rate (I've only done a 30 min. walk and a 30 min. walk/light run) and HR has been into the high 160's after running only 5 min. at a 12 minute mile pace.

I hope this is making some sense, it's becoming very wordy.  Basically, what I am trying to find out is if I should be concerned about the high heart rate?  My dr. said that it wouldn't hurt to have a HR monitor--- but later I thought that even if I had one, I wouldn't know how to analyze the results!

So, should I be concerned about my high HR and could it at all be related to Troponin showing up in my blood?

Any help someone could offer would be very appreciated!