Aa
A
A
Close
Are these palpitations or something else?
Ok so as of late I have been getting what I believe are palpitations. I could be sitting and BAM! Out of nowhere comes this pounding sensation in my throat  and I can't breathe for the duration of it. They usually last about 5 seconds but they're absolutely terrifying because they have no warnings. They happen about a week apart and usually happen when I'm resting, sitting, or talking. I had one today and I felt it hopping in my throat. I panic now whenever I go out because I'm scared I'll get one while driving or anything dangerous. I got an EKG and it came back normal so i thought maybe it was anemia since I'm a 20 year old vegetarian female but I have increased my iron and I  still got one today. I remember having these as a kid around twice a year but always shook them off until recently that they have increased. Anyone have any idea what they could be? I'm terrified.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
15621123 tn?1441803056
What had your doctor suggested you do? I am new to all this and sure others are better at advice..but I think you need to find out exactly what it is-it may be best to return to the doctor and explain what is wrong, he may suggest you go on a 10 day heart monitor. I had at first gone on a 24 hour, the doctor told me, I was fine..but it wasn't till I went for a second opinion that he had put me on a 10 day and it was able to pick up a few things. I can tell you thru all this what has helped me greatly was the Valsa maneuver, also lay on the ground with your legs up the wall, for a good twenty minutes. When I am having an episode, this really helps me a lot.
Also the last week, I have been getting into essential oils. Lavender and Bergamot, I sniff and it helps with the anxiety. Calming lotions also help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Blank
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1414258965
Blank
Central, MA
Blank
Blank
12492606 tn?1459877633
Blank
Recent Activity
506791 tn?1439846583
Blank
Piparskeggr commented on Some beginning Teia b...
Oct 21
506791 tn?1439846583
Blank
Piparskeggr says 20 1/3 year old Miss T... Comment
Oct 20
506791 tn?1439846583
Blank
Piparskeggr commented on Piparskeggr's status
Oct 20
Heart Rhythm Community Resources