Heart Rhythm Community
At a loss

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

At a loss

I have had these attacks for sometime where my neck would throb and my head pound, was told it was anxiety attacks, this started when I was 20yrs old. I have still been having issues with that, plus ringing non stop in my ears plus balance problems and NOW I get the feeling I am literally passing out when I roll over, look up/down and was told vertigo. My blood pressure is "normal" 100/70 last time I was at the doctors last week. I have weakness in arms and legs, swelling in my knee and what called fibromialgia (fibromyalgia) and have chronic pain in my back, knees, elbows, wrist, neck, and feet. I am tired ALL the time, been through sleep study and even reduced meds been taking, caffeine intake, and am working on quitting smoking. I want to know how I can stop this "Vertigo" from taking over my life what little I have.
Is it all related or separate? I have been going to the doctors for over 20 yrs trying to figure out what is wrong with me, trying natural ways to combat this. I have more symptoms but those are the worst. Anyone have any IDEAS? My hemoglobin A1C is fine too. Vit D deficient but take supplement and trying to add more naturally in diet. Drink plenty of water, bottled. Tap makes me ill.
Wow, you have been given a hard life to live.  

Given you've seen doctors it appears you need some input form someone who has found another way.  I don't think this forum on "heart rhythm" is likely to provide much help.

The only idea that comes to my mind on reading is the "Tap make me ill".   Perhaps there is something in the water or your general environment to which you have a severe allergy - not drinking it doesn't get it out of your system, for example.  It is used to wash and cook.  Have you lived in the same general area over the subject period of time.  

Stopping smoking may not be a cure, but it is a project on which you can focus and win and that will help some with your general physical health.  It may help with mental health too as you feel the freedom smoking you've won.  I am myself an ex-smoker, quit after about 30 years of smoking.
Hello lablover-

I am certainly no physician, and we could all probably throw out a bunch of ideas here. But the first thing that came to my mind was Lyme disease. Swelling in joints, vertigo, and awful fatigue stood out in this case.

Just my two cents.
Thanks I didn't mean to post in this forum, don't know how to change it. I will mention Lyme disease to my doctor tomorrow when he calls me back.
I have only live in current residence for 3yrs but have gone down hill fast since moving in. I am not sure if perhaps there is something under the house being it is a "slab" house. meaning no basement just a craw space. NEVER been down there and no inkling to either.

I did come to find out I grew up from 7-20 in an apt complex build on top an old landfill. Not sure if that has anything to do with this or not. My doctor said it would be too late about heavy metal poisoning.. I don't know if he even checked.
I had quit for almost 8yrs then my last quarter of college in 05 started again. tried quitting off and on and becoming more determined by the day.
We have city water, although I do not drink it I can see how it could still affect someone ie bathing etc...
Best wishes for your appointment. I hope you and your physician can work out a new direction.