Heart Rhythm Community
Atrial Fibrillation,cortisone shot and coumadin.

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

My husband is on coumadin for atrial fib and a leaking valve.
He has a bulging disc problem in his neck causing arm pain and numbness.
Is it possible for him to have a shot of cortisone to relieve the pain while he is taking coumadin, or should he stop the coumadin before taking the shot?Has anyone encountered this problem?
Thank you.
I'd "guess" no problem. Certainly the doctor who would approve the cortisone shot would know.
I agree with Jerry, I don't think there would be an adverse effect.  But this does remind me of when back in the 90's within about a 6-8 mo. period I had cortisone shots for plantar fasciatis, then my knee and then shots in both of my elbows and I had these injections more than once.  Well, it was within wks of those injections that I had my first episode of a-fib.  I've never thought there could be any connection.....but who knows :)
Thank you.
Thank you.
some docs want you to stop..can cause hemotoses spelled wrong..but my doc told them i cant be off 5 days 2 neg blood proteins

alot of docs wont give the shots until off a period of 5-7 days
Thank you.