Atrial Tachycardia?
Iv been not feeling well for over week, constant racing heart rate, shortness of breath etc, and these episodes where it feels like I can't breath, I can warm/lightheaded and feel this imense flight/fight repsonse and feel my heart pounding and finally went to the emergency room recently and my heart rate shot up to 175 during that it was very scary the ER physician noted sinus tachycardia on ekg but something with my atria after looking at it again he said he was a small finding in the EKG but definitely with the atria. Im home now but on a holtor moniter and have to see cardio next week. He did a mini echo in the ER and said everything looked good but the regular echo will be more in detail. they did prescribe me metroprol or something like that 12.5MG. Im afraid of taking as im afraid it will cause too low of heart rate then I'll die.  Anyways is Atrial tachycardia dangerous especially having these episodes where my heart rate gets super elevated. I REALLY don't want to be on meds... Im scared to take them. is there anyway to lessen the feelings of the episodes or get them to stop ?  I feel like my heart has been racing all week. if anyone has any insite with atrial tachycardia or something and ways to help this without medication that would be great!!!
I would not think the dose of beta blockers the doctor prescribed would slow your heart that much.  I have never heard of it ever causing anyone's heart to go so slow as to stop it so I wouldn't worry about it.  If it is at 175 all the time that is too fast.  I would make sure you drink lots of water.  that may help it slow down.  And see what the doctor says after the echo.  Hopefully you can get to the bottom of things and sort it all out.  Take care.
Thank you!! I REALLY Appreciate comment :)  I realized i was only drinking 4 glasses a water a day :O  echo scheduled for next week after scheduling mishap!
Has your rate slowed down at all?  What did the monitor show?  Keep us posted on the echo results.  Take care.