Heart Rhythm Community
Back in Afib AGAIN . . .

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Back in Afib AGAIN . . .

Just want to vent . .  this is so depressing!  Took a swig of cold coconut water and a handful of chips and bam!  Back in afib!  It is 10 degrees below zero tonite, the high tomorrow will be zero -- wasn't planning on going out.  Will have to call the cardio's nurse and ask to be cardioverted tomorrow --  hope I don't have to wait to get on the schedule.  Just needed to whine a bit.  This is so wearing.  Every time it happens I feel like Freddy or Jason have  jumped out at me:)  It can come on when I'm doing NOTHING!  Oh well, onward and upward.  Thanks for listening . . .
So sorry, that has to be so scary

I have pacs , they scare me so bad when they come every other beat and for hours at a time

Have you always had afib or did your paps turn into afib

That's my fear that my pacs will, turn but my cardio dr keeps telling me I have no worries of that, says rare

But now that they come for hours straight, makes me wonder .

Prayers for you they convert on their own,
I ve been having skip beats fast beats since I was 13 I'm 25 now
So many tests
24 hour holter monitor 48 hour as well countless visits to A n E echocardiogram several cardiologist they all says my heart is fine I'm scare too that my palpitation will turn into one big disease one day
Do u think I'm suffering with AFib as well?
Very sorry to hear that you went into afib agian.  I had it one time and the trigger was chugging an ice cold gatorade.  I have read where others have had the same happen.  Anyhow, try to stay positive.  Even if it comes the point of ablation, there are so many success stories out there for afib ablations and they are getting better at ablating everyday.

And as everyone knows, afib is not a life threatening condition, life altering and extremely frustrating for sure...but not life threatening.
thanks for that last line

And as everyone knows, afib is not a life threatening condition, life altering and extremely frustrating for sure...but not life threatening

that sure makes me feel better about my PAC , they giving me a hard time and coming and staying for hours straight and every other beat is a flutters , so I worry about afib. thank you and have a great day
Sorry to read, and I know already that AFib gives you a high HR... As you know I have permanent AFib and manage to control my HR with Beta Blocker (we use the same: Atenolol, I believe) and I also use a Calcium Channel Blocker.  

Hope you get some quick help from your doctor.  And we can all hope a for a little "global warming" in most of the USA East of the Rockies... I think further West it is drought not cold that is the problem.
Thanks to all of you for your comments.  It helps.  I've had  palps as long as I can remember, but afib started 10 years ago.  I have a 9 a.m. appt. tomorrow for cardioversion and the thermometer is supposed to be a BIG 15 degrees!  Beats the heck out of sub-zero.  Wish me luck.
Good luck to you, Delta!  I hope it is a breeze for you.
did you have it done how are you
I did and I am okay.  I was in at 9 a.m. and out at noon.  I would not say it is a pleasant experience, but it is a relief to be back in normal rhythm.  Thanks again for the support from you and all my Medhelp friends.  I am taking it easy for a couple of days and hoping the cardioversion will hold.  Keep your fingers crossed for me:)
One interesting fact emerged during this episode:  It seems I was in Aflutter with tachycardia.  The Nurse practioner said it only meant the errant signals were coming from a different part of the heart.  Anybody have any more info than that?  My Merck manual lumps afib and aflutter together.
Crossing and praying for you
Glad to see your back!
....make the YOU'RE back!
Ha!  I'm glad you can't see my back, the imprint from the patch is very prominent:)  All kidding aside, thanks for the sentiment.  It  helps to know so many can relate to how the heart rhythm issues make you feel.  It doesn't show on the outside, so I think most people don't think it's any big deal.
Thanks for your helpful thoughts.  I am back in nsr, so far so good.

I have a friend visiting in NJ and she says there was 18 inches of snow last weekend.  We're looking at another storm this weekend, just 3-5 inches.

BTW, do you have any knowledge of the difference between afib and aflutter and what that means in terms of treatment?  This is the first I've heard of flutter.  
I have been diagnosed with atrial flutter only once, that was after my nsr following heart surgery failed. I went into flutter first, a month or so perhaps then into fibrillation.

I understand flutter isn't as dangerous as it isn't so prone to form clots as is fibrillation.. said another way fibrillation is very rapid (quiver like) motion that pumps very little or none.  Flutter is a high heart rate of the atrium (left and maybe right too, don't know) and I think it still pumps and doesn't have a high clot risk...repeating myself.
So I have lots flutters , they say their pacs , feels like flutters, not skips, how do you know , if the flutters are atrial flutters
In my case my cardiologist told me and I recall he did an ekg and listened.

My assumption is the electrical pattern and his educated ear told him it was flutter and not fibrillation..again use looking at the word, I think fibrillation is a shallow vibration, a flutter is a fast beat.  I haven't looked up on the web, must be some information "out there".

I do not think there is any such thing as a ventricle flutter, and ventricle fibrillation is deadly, and quickly I believe.  Of course there is ventricle tachycardia and I have seen numbers in the 200+ for heart rate, that's close to the word "flutter" in my thinking.  But, again, I have heard the term "flutter" applied only to the atrium.