Bad Episode of SVT
I am a 42 year old female who has suffered with SVT from childhood. I don't have it very often, and if I do get it once or twice a month, my heart rate becomes regulated as quickly as the onset of SVT. I usually only have to hold my breath or do what I call "pretend hiccups" to stop the irregular beats and re-regulate my heart rate.

However; I tend to experience one really bad episode every year or two. This time, I was simply standing up from my desk and it clicked in. I couldn't get it to stop and felt like I was going to pass out. I called the EMT's and by the time they got here, my heart rate was 210 bpm.

To make matters worse, one of the men tried to put an iv into my arm and burst a vein, allowing me to become super anxious as blood was going all over the place. Somewhere in the midst of all the commotion, my heart went back into normal rhythm.

My EKG was normal with the exception of rate and all my bloodwork is normal, including my electrolytes. My BP was normal (actually really good) throughout.

In addition to this most recent episode, my primary has diagnosed me with vasovagal instability. I have been having weird symptoms (including exceleration of heart rate while just sitting or lying down, usually after eating) and have made an appointment with a physician specializing in dysautonomia and arrythmmias.

Is there any particular reason why my heart rate was so high? I don't recall it ever getting up into the 200's.

I just want to make certain no one has missed anything thus far. I had a stress test (both treadmill and nuclear die), echo, and ekg, as well as wearing a holter monitor about 3 years ago.

Thank you in advance for your time.
While I can't give you any input from experience I will say that it sounds like a check up by a electro-physiologist (EP) would be a good step.  It also sounds like you should have any trouble it that takes some time, but I'd recommend not spending any time walking along sheer cliffs until you find out what's going on.