Bigeminy causes
I am a frequent sufferer of bigeminy and am hoping someone can answer a question for me. I often get bigeminy when I get a rush of adrenaline, such as if I get startled, angry, emotional, etc. I also get it during exercise, but only until a certain point where my heart rate gets fast enough to overcome it. My question is, why do I get it so much more when I am walking in cold air? It seems the colder the temperature, the more frequently I get it. Does anyone here get bigeminy often? How do you deal with it? Mine started about 6 months post ablation for IST. And it seems like I am getting it more and more often. I could handle it better if it only happened when I was nervous, but I totally hate to get it during exercise. I bought a new bike last summer and barely rode it because every time I got on and and biked for a minute or so, I'd get bigeminy. I am a 38 year old female, hoping to have another child soon, but the heart stuff really scares me. Any insight or ways of coping that any of you could share with me would be so appreciated.
My PVC's are in bigminy most of the time.  I was told in the ER that it could go on forever and never do any damage, to the heart. I've been living with them for about 2 years with little signs of them stopping. Cold air doesn't seem to make mine worse, heat is not good for me. Cping with them is hard, I just try not to get ahead of myself, I try to live in the moment, and thankful that the meds take the edge off there intensity. Thats the only way I get thru the day.
Thank you so much for the reply. I would never wish bigeminy on anyone, but it helps to know that someone else understands. I can't imagine having it most of the time. I usually get it for about 2 or 3 minutes straight and then it converts back to my normal rhythm, unless I am exercising and then it lasts even longer. I just had it a few minutes ago because my daughter came home crying and I got that adrenaline rush that sets it off. Afterwords my chest always feels heavy and yucky. Sometimes when I get it I can ignore it for a minute or so, and then it seems to get stronger and I get this weird sensation like I have a paper bag in my chest that is being "crunched" with every skipped beat. Do you get that feeling? Anyway, thanks again for the reply and take care!
Yes, I know what your talking about. It's very uncomfortable. The only break I get is when I get a PVC every 4th beat, or sometimes I'am lucky and it goes to every 7th beat.  I'am glad you go into normal rhythm, I'am hoping some day I will too!