Heart Rhythm Community
Bloating after Electro Conversion

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Bloating after Electro Conversion

I has My Conversion Tues. I feel fine except my stomach is bloated so bad its hard to get a breath. Is this a side effect. It may be fluid but I'm not swollen any where else.
If it ain't one thing it's another:)
Ma63
I assume you are talking about the conversion in which you are anesthetized, completely out, and electric pads are placed one on your chest, or side front, and one on the back.  Then while you are asleep the doctor applies electric shock through your chest.  

I have had four of these over the years and the only "side effect" I had following the procedure was some light burns (sunburn-like) where the electric pads were stuck.

Maybe you had a bad reaction to the anesthetic.  
I had the burns also. They had to give me a lot of fluids through the IV so that may be it
Ma63