Heart Rhythm Community
Blood Pressure Ratio- what is normal?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Blood Pressure Ratio- what is normal?

I am Hypothyroid and bradycardia, lately BP reading have been all over, numbers like 126/6 with HR 76, 113/58 HR 69, 104/65 HR 66 and 99/60 HR 77.

Anything to be be concerned about?

Is there a ratio to follow?
Man o man what a lucky person you are...your blood pressure is just about perfect altho at the last list of the post it is a little low but no biggie especially if you aren't suffering any symtoms (symptoms) like dizziness.  A normal b/p for most people is in the 120/60 range so you are well within normal limits and your pulse definately rocks it.....your doc in the end will tell you what is good for you but if you have hypo and brady you seem to be living the life to me....congrats and i hope you love your life as much as your body loves you!!!!!
You're one lucky person!

Within reasonable limits, the lower blood pressure, the better, as long as you don't have symptoms as dizziness or fainting. The low normal limit for blood pressure is 90/50 (or 90/60).

Your heart rate is excellent (I cannot see any bradycardia there, but it can be present at other times, of course)!

Make sure the hypothyreiodism is well controlled, though, as too low thyroid can cause dizziness and low blood pressure, and too much medications (high thyroid) can cause palpitations and high blood pressure.

Remember, your blood pressure can be very variable, mine is usually (at rest, in the morning or before sleep) 110/65, but I once measured 170/100 (before EKG, when I was super anxious about heart diseases).

There is not necessarily a correlation between heart rate and blood pressure. You can have blood pressure in the 200s with bradycardia and in the 80s with tachycardia.
Yeah man! How lucky you are with readings like that, even though they sound a little low, but hey that's better than high and won't do any harm.. If only I could get near them I would feel like I'de won the lottery. Mine is all over the place like Cindy 707 (glad your  calm and happy cindy - please stay like it). , up to 200/110 and down to 120/75. ???
Don't take your pressure too often because it does normally vary and can upset you and make you worry and stress for nothing.
Give us a big smile ......thats it! good luck, you'rs doing great.