Blood pressure low with heart rate 140
I'm 64. Every few days I've been getting a feeling of slight dizziness and mild headache. My blood pressure is okay, around  120/80, and my BPM runs 60-80. but when I get this very specific feeling I check my BP with a home bp machine and my BPM is up to 140. During these episodes I get somewhat dizzy, especially when I stand up. It lasts from 1 to 3 hours, then eases off and I feel normal. I went to the ER the other day because I got VERY dizzy and after EKG, CT, Xray, Ultrasound and  stress test. The EKG tech said I had an irregular heartbeat, but that's all. They kept me overnight and did most of the tests the next day. The resident cariologist said they were releasing me and had no diagnosis.   Any thoughts?
Seems no one tried to diagnose the irregular heart beat - may be episodes of atrial fibrillation, a heart problem that tends to crop up in seniors who have an otherwise healthy heart history.  I don't know why or how AFib would cause low BP, but a high HR is typical of AFib.  If they didn't spot it in the hospital and "saw" the irregularity it may not be AFib, which has a clear EKG characteristic if the EKG is on when the AFib is active.  Wearing a recording heart monitor is another way to document AFib or something else.  Have you discussed that with your doctor, an wearable heart monitor test?
The cardio dr. at  the hospital suggested the recording heart monitor. I'm going to see my family doctor today to discuss it all with her.  Thanks, Jerry.
So yesterday, my cardiologist did an electrophysiological diagnostic catheter study, and during the study the doctor discovered that I had AVNRT, or atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia, the most common of all these types of issues. I was under mild sedation and aware of everything. I couldn't feel most of it, but did feel it when he burned the bad cluster of neural cells which were causing my double heartbeat and tachycardia. Afterward, the doctor told me that my condition was congenital and I've probably had this my whole life, which was true. However, it often gets worse as you get older. He also said it's a 94% chance that this will eliminate the tachycardia, which is pretty good. This was my best possible outcome. It has been just one day, but I'm feeling good and keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help.