Heart Rhythm Community
Buzzing/ vibrations on left side of chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

What causes buzzing/vibration feelings in the left side of my chest?  I am not sure whether it is in my heart or breast area.  I had it for two days when I was resting or trying to sleep.  I had it another time awhile back.  It did go away, but it is unsettling while it is happening.
Hard to guess.  What else can you tell us?  Heart rate at rest, regular or missing or extra beats.  Are there any other symptoms?  

I can't think of anything that would make the heart produce a buzzing or vibration.  
Looking at the current set of posts this one may be of some interest to your question.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/vibration-in-chest/show/986786
I'm having this exact same thing.  I was interested that you said it occurred when you are resting.  That is when I notice it too...When I lie down, just at the point that I am starting to doze off, I will sometimes get this buzzing/vibrating sensation in my chest.  Lasts for between 30-90 seconds then goes away.  No change in heart rhythm noted during the event, though my pulse may increase slightly.  The event itself is not unpleasant, but at the end I am left feeling rather jittery.  I used to notice it only during the day when I wanted to take a nap, but lately it has also awakened me once or twice during the night.  I mentioned it to my doctor and he just gave me a quizzical look.  I am on blood pressure meds, and I have noted a possible association of these events with periods of slightly below normal blood pressure.  I have also considered dehydration and a hormone imbalance as possible triggers.  Wish I knew what it is.
Feeling a soft, high frequency buzzing feeling upper left chest.  since 5 days ago. It is intermittant (I though a soft buzz coming from a cell phone...but no cell phone in my pocket or clothing).  No heart beat skips like an a-fib reported symptom.  I can be sitting or walking. I only occasionally drink cappuccino or espresso.  Regular  pulse and I usually have low B.P..  This fine, buzziness lasts 5-10 secs, every few minutes. Almost feels electrical (nerve deep in in pec muscle? but not a twitch)
hi, are you female? I get exactyy the same thing every so often.. in 5-10 second bursts, every couple of minutes, eft side, right where the heart is. i think it's related to hormonal changes during the cycle.. there's a whole bunch of nerves there that are affected by hormones and send signals to the breast tissue - or something like that, you can google it. I had a bout of it that lasted 2 weeks and was quite intense, to the point where i was wondering if i had some nerve disorder that was also causing my constant trigemeny. But of course it wasnt. Dont stress..If you feel jittery afterwards it'll just be anxiety.