I AM AN ASIAN-INDIAN MALE OF 45 YEARS OF AGE-RESIDING IN U.K.
I HAD A HEART ATTACK IN INDIA IN MAY 2003, AND ANGEOPLASTY AND STENTING WAS DONE.MY LVEF CAME DOWN TO 32%.
AFTER THIS FIVE YEARS PASSED WITHOUT A SINGLE PROBLEM, THOUGH I WAS TAKING THE RECOMMENDED MEDICINES.
IN NOV 2008, I HAD A CARDIAC ARREST WITHOUT ANY WARNING AND WAS LUCKY TO BE REVIVED BY THE AMBULANCE TEAM.IN THIS PROCESS I GOT BRAIN INJURY ALSO.AFTER ONE MONTH I WAS DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH ICD FITTED TO ME.MY LVEF HAS COME DOWN TO 21%.
I AM TAKING-ASPRIN/CARVIDILOL/CLOPIDOGREL/ATORVASTATIN/
MY QUERRIES ARE-
-WHY DID THIS CARDIAC ARREST HAPPEN.
-HOW DID THE LVEF GO DOWN FROM 32% TO 21% OVER FIVE YEARS DESPITE TAKING REGULAR MEDICATION.
-IS ICD ENOUGH SAFE GUARD FOR THE FUTURE
-WHAT DOES LIFE HOLD FOR ME REGARDING THE PROGRESS OF MY HEART CONDITION. WHAT NEW PROBLEMS WILL/CAN COME, ARE THESE AVOIDABLE.
-ARE THERE SOME MORE TREATMENTS-(LVAD OR CRT OR EECP)ETC.CAN THESE BE GOOD FOR ME
-IS STEM CELL TREATMENT RIGHT FOR ME.IF YES HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AT WHAT COST.
First off i need to tell you that we are all a support group for others in the community and no one identifies themselves as doctors here...this is not a site that docs regularly log onto that i am aware of but who knows...we can share our experiences with you and give you our thoughts so i will give you mine and answer your questions to what i know numbering 1-6 as you asked them...i am sure others will weigh in...only your own doctor can give you complete answers because he/she knows your entire history......
1. Cardiac Arrest can happen physically for a variety of reasons...some are genetic if you have have family members go into cardiac arrest at age 50 or younger, you could have plaque break loose in your arteries, you could throw a clot, you could have an abnormal heat rhythm, could be anything....
2. Could have been cholesterol levels, could be adrenaline pushes thru your body, etc.
3. An ICD is a WONDERFUL safety net for anyone in preventing these incidents. An ICD is literally a life saver and recognizes an abnormalty in the heart and shocks the heart back to a regular rhythm and electrical pattern so good choice of treatment i think.
4. You should be living your life to the fullest without worry now that you have the ICD implanted...life will hold for you many wonderful things if you allow it to and don;'t allow this situation to take over your life...as far as what will happen to your heart...unless your doc has told you differently your situation would not be progressive and with the ICD implantation you have done the best you can in your situation to avoid further incidents...know you now have a safety net......
5. I would listen to my doc if i were you..if he/she want to see how the ICD works out for you for say 90 days or so don;t even think about going there yet...you may already have the answer in your chest....
6. I cannot answer to stem cell treatment because it is still illegal as far as i am aware of...
good luck to you vikram and i hope life hands you wonderful things in your future.....
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.